AUGUSTA, GA – The City of Augusta is pleased to announce that March 31, 2012 will be the first “Augusta Living Green Day” for the city, highlighted by events on the Augusta Common. This family-friendly event will begin at 8:00 a.m. that morning and will continue until 2:00 p.m. that afternoon, rain or shine.
Augusta Living Green Day will showcase and celebrate the opportunities that we have in Augusta to be good stewards of our environment. Plans for the day include:
· Rain Barrel and Compost Bin sale
· Recycling from the Augusta Environmental Services Department: Tires (limit 4), Batteries, and
Electronics. Drop-off will be available across the street from the Augusta Common on Reynolds
· Hybrid/Electric Vehicles from Nissan, Ford, Kia, Toyota, Honda, Chevrolet, and Hyundai.
· Conservation education, green products, local produce, and green construction.
· Inflatables for children, food vendors, sign-ups for various green activities (such as “A Billion
Acts of Green” and “Clean Up Your Corner”), and much more!
Additional information about this event, including a map showing where the event is located, where you can purchase rain barrels and compost bins, and where you will be able to drop off items to be recycled, is available via the city web site at www.augustaga.gov. Just follow the link in the “News and Announcements” area to the Augusta Living Green Day page.
Some spaces for vendors and other community organizations are still available, provided that they feature organic or other “green” products, services or awareness. If you are interested in participating, please inquire about space availability via www.augustaga.gov . For more information about the event, please contact Matt Mixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706.821.1571.